Born on: 5 March, 1963
Club: cussigh bike
Franco Micolini is an Italian ultracycler. He began his cycling career in 2000 with regional circuits and then he soon moved to international circuits. In June of 2015 he was the only Italian athlete who took part in the Race Across America (RAAM). This cycling race is considered one of the toughest ultracycling races in the world: 5000 km with a cumulative elevation gain of about 40,000 meters.
His most striking success concerns the recovery time: just two weeks after the RAAM 2015, he was again ready to take part in another race. He had stated that, after such an intense race, he wanted to stop competing for one month at least. Nevertheless, one week later he started workouts again. After only weeks he started to compete once again. All this thanks to GUNA products that Micolini took before and after the race for the recovery phase (Gunamino Formula Sport and Gunabasic).
- 4th category and 10th absolute at the Race Across Italy Ultracycling of km 810 – 2015
- 3rd Swiss cycling marathon – 2014
- 2nd Tour Blanc – 2011
- 2nd Tour Blanc (Mont Blanc Tour) – 2011
- 11th Mongolia Bike Challenge stage race by MTB – 2010
- 1st Combined MTB/road Race to Haiti – 2008
- 5th Paris-Brest-Paris – 2007
- Qualification for PBP (Paris-Brest-Paris) with all the necessary patents ( 200/300/400/600 km) – 2006
- 3rd Italian road Championship UDACE GF – 2004
- 2nd Italian road Championship UDACE GF – 2003